Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

What is A Phobia and How To Get Rid of It?

Man is born absolutely fearless. Once I watched a movie about human fears BBC. A little child playing with a snake and was not afraid of it. He just did not know that it is dangerous. Children are not afraid of heights, not afraid to touch the fire, stumble, fall, not afraid of no snakes or spiders, etc.

These fears are acquired by us then when we grow up, and we start talking that is dangerous and what is absolutely harmless. When our fears are too strong, they are called phobias.

Although man is born

fearless, but a predisposition to phobias, we have still to early childhood. This is a survival instinct. Every person has innate instincts and rules of conduct in times of danger. Although a child and is not afraid of snakes, spiders, etc., but for some reason, starts to cry when any threat, whether it's loud, sudden movements in front of the eyes or just hungry.

What is a phobia? Where did it come from? Phobia - fear is acquired. By the way allergy and phobia of something similar. A person can react badly to the allergen, if he sees him, while his body, the immune system reacts calmly to these substances.

A phobia occurs when the front man at some point in life there is a situation which, as it seems, is life threatening. The real danger might not be, but the person will perceive it as dangerous. This is a situation in which he experienced a feeling of instinctive fear. What harm, for example, may lead to a closed door? Or a subtle scent of a plant? And yet, the person begins to feel fear, sometimes panic.

Some people have a trap situation sometimes causes the manifestation of claustrophobia - fear of closed spaces. A person can not sleep with the door closed or the window, is afraid of close spaces, elevators.

I, for example, when I was five years old, watched with horror mum about spiders. They ruthlessly devoured people, climbed under the skin. Impression of the movie was so strong, fear, contrast, huge jaw, bright image, color saturation, that since I hate spiders, even the smallest and most innocuous.

Only one kind of spider makes me fear and loathing. What is it? In fact, I understand that such a small creature can not do anything I do, but I fear it. Simple phobia was stronger than reason. When I fully realized my problem, I decided to search "medicine" from her.

However, I found that the stability of phobias give three things. Firstly, it is life threatening. Whether real or simply a person felt that there was a danger. The main thing is to feel it. Secondly, this impression. That is, color, contrast, effects, color saturation, feelings of disgust and fear of other people (for example, in my case with the movie). Finally, the third reason - it's a secondary benefit of phobias or allergies. Knows this is only our subconscious, and it is carefully hides. For example, you want to appear weak and helpless, etc.

The best "medicine" from a phobia - it is work with the subconscious using different techniques of neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). To work with a phobia can be used reframing, a method of visually-dissociation, etc. Importantly, to the person to want.

Recently I found an interesting method of treating phobias, which is called the "method of collapse anchors". This method is described by V. Sysuyev. Go to the doctor arrived the patient who has a severe allergy to mimosa. I quote you their dialogue.

Patient: I do turns out to be a severe allergy to mimosa.

Doctor: What is it expressed?

Patient: We have a mimosa is in the house, and when I go, I have a headache.

Doctor: Try to remember when you very first time in my life seen mimosa.

Patient: Yes, it was most recently on March 8. We bought a mimosa to celebrate women and I gave them to his wife, an employee, his mother-to someone else. Prior to that, no allergy was not.

Doctor: Imagine a flower that clearly evokes positive emotions.

Patient: We need to think ... Geranium.

Doctor: How do you imagine the image of a geranium? What it size, as full of flowers?

Patient: Normal geranium in full size (shows hands thirty centimeters in height)

Doctor: In a very strong smell of geraniums is not it?

Patient: No, why? Pretty nice.

Doctor: In what form do you imagine mimosa?

Patient: Yes, I smell her annoying.

Doctor: Imagine a mimosa blossoms geraniums.

Patient: Presented ... Only leaves left over from mimosa (wrinkles nose).

Doctor: Leaves from the same geraniums sprout.

Patient: Presented.

Doctor: What smells like a miracle?

Patient: Nothing.



You know, after reading this dialogue, I thought of spiders, which I'm afraid. I thought, as I have some insect causes the most positive emotions. It turned out that the butterfly. She is so beautiful, easy. Then I imagine that the spider grow butterfly wings. Just imagine it ... funny, huh?!

He has become not a spider, and so unusual an interesting insect. The image of a spider is not just negative emotions, but positive. Even positive emotions than negative ones. And the fear disappears, unless it is to provide bright contrast.

Try it! I think you get it too! I wish you nothing to be afraid! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment