Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Autism - How to Help Someone Who Does Not Understand That Needs Help?

Rumor has it that even some 20-30 years ago no one could not imagine that children will put such a diagnosis. In general, this diagnosis did not exist.

True, there was no diagnosis and there was no disease - it is heaven and earth. But I'm not a scientist, not even a psychiatrist. I - my mother. I do not care when the disease emerged and how it is when called. I've got something to decide here and now. And not just me. Such as myself - a lot. Our children do not notice because they are not acting up and not hit the glass, in the first years of life cause in general the universal admiration: "What a quiet child!". Time is running out and calm the child remains in the same quiet and just as helpless ... And the rest is lost from their parents: what happened? Who's to blame? What to do?

My very first piece of advice from my own experience - to think less about who is to blame. This, and scientists do not know, can not decide. Some argue that the cause of autism - an infectious disease. Others blame the environment. Still others cry out about the dangers of vaccinations. You can blame mom and midwives in the delivery failed ... But do not.

Need - early noted that the child is not developing as it should. Delay in speech development. Lack of socialization. In three years, already noticeable, is whether the child with the other kiddies, said there somehow. Particularly striking is the so-called echolalia - the child instead of an answer to your very simple question repeats your words like an echo. This is evident to everyone, even you.

I pointed to the fact that my child is different from other children, a kindergarten teacher. For me, something my child was the most-most, besides the first and only. Well, says worse than others ... and generally silent ... yet learned.

It turned out that in order that he learned something, had for several years been actively engaged with defectology.

Separately should consult a psychiatrist. You can be shy, you can hang back ... You can be afraid of his visit to a psychiatrist. Avoid - it is impossible. Postpone - not worth it. What scared our people: first, most psychiatric diagnosis, and secondly, the fact that the diagnosis of autism - forever. Some residual effects will still be.

Now - the words of consolation. If it is good to reflect, almost all the talented people - a little autistic. They can immerse themselves in their own world and not notice the changes in the external, so to speak, "public" world. Autistics are smart. Only they often see only some one narrow specific area. My three years he studied an encyclopedia of animals, and knew the names of these creatures of the Lord, whom I had never heard of! While avoiding delay the overall development, alas, is impossible. Indeed, such a child does not ask questions, and your stories about something uninteresting from his point of view simply ignores it.

"Pull" the child from his cozy inner world - not an easy task, requires a lot of patience. I will not talk about the recommendations of doctors. This is - individually. And about my own experience will tell.

Peace and joy in the house - the main commandment. This world must create a worthy competition.

Vivid impressions.

Pets. We somehow got on the show dogs, so son there for two hours said more than before for two weeks! And when we moved into a private house, the child begged first dog, cat, rabbit (bunny), chickens, on a cow, I protested ... And the house still lived fish and hamster bow.

Dolphin therapy ... We are, however, according to experts, turned back too late. The most striking effect - when Silent begins to speak. And we started talking before.

Acupuncture. In my case - with electrostimulation.

Supplements.

Tried it all ...

Furthermore spetsdiety autism. That excluded so many products (all dairy products, bread, potatoes, nearly all cereals and sweets) that could not understand what is, in general.

Now my baby for eight years. Studies. Reading, writing - almost without mistakes, math is lame. Very inventive, a great lover of designers. Very independent in daily life - can cook to eat, though not all, take care of me if I get sick. We still have everything ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment